Events in the City of Hornell and the Canisteo ValleyFor a VENDOR APPLICATION for 2017, CLICK HERE
*Please note dates are tentative and subject to change. If you have any questions regarding posted events or if you would like to submit events for consideration please contact the HPG office 607-324-9786. Also, see us on Facebook!
- Aug 1 - Hornell Community Arts Summer Program Hornell Habitat Art Wall, “Week 4 - Pond Habitat” - Open to all ages, free, from 9am-Noon and 1pm-3pm.
- August 1 - 2:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Robots with Professor Yang of Alfred University.
- Aug 2 - Hornell Community Arts Summer Program Hornell Habitat Art Wall, “Week 4 - Pond Habitat” - Open to all ages, free, from 9am-Noon and 1pm-3pm.
- August 2 - 2:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program The Raptors (Birds of Prey) From Cornell University.
- August 3 - 2:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Star Wars Space Ships (Make your own Paper Star Fighters)
- Aug 3 - Thursday in the Park LOCATED AT: 1 Steuben Sq, Hornell this year only 12pm-4pm Farmers' Market - Summer Concert: 4pm-6pm Country Rain, 6pm-9pm J & Devilish Fools
- August 4 - 10:30 AM Story Hour. 1:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Movie The Eagle Huntress (G) 87 Minutes.
- Aug 4- Southside Tavern –“Country Rain” performing Country & Oldies, Past & Present, Fast & Slow—8-11 pm
- Aug 5 - 4th Annual MONARCH FESTIVAL w/Community Day Farmers' Market - 10am - 3pm Special events to educate and celebrate butterflies @ 1 Steuben Sq. w/ Farmers Market. MUSIC: 10am-12pm Dansville Blues Band, 12pm-3pm Walrus Junction
- Aug 5 - Cider Creek - “Nick Gallicchio” 7-10:30pm
- Aug 7 - Hornell Community Arts Summer Program Hornell Habitat Art Wall, “Week 5 - Forest Habitat” - Open to all ages, free, from 9am-Noon and 1pm-3pm.
- August 7 10:30 AM Story Hour. 1:00 - 2:30 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Wii Party & Minecraft.
- Aug 8 - Hornell Community Arts Summer Program Hornell Habitat Art Wall, “Week 5 - Forest Habitat” - Open to all ages, free, from 9am-Noon and 1pm-3pm.
- Aug 8 - FREE Summer movie at Spotlight at 11am: Moana
- August 8 - 2:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Science Day (3-D Printer, Wind Tunnel, Auto Bots, Magnets)
- Aug 9 -Hornell Community Arts Summer Program Hornell Habitat Art Wall, “Week 5 - Forest Habitat” - Open to all ages, free, from 9am-Noon and 1pm-3pm.
- August 9 - 10:30 Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Dinosaur Dig (30 Minutes Introduction) You Must Register Beforehand.
- August 10 - 2:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Lego Contest (Bring Your Entry Completed).
- Aug 10 - Thursday in the Park LOCATED AT: 1 Steuben Sq, Hornell this year only 12pm-4pm Farmers' Market, 5pm-6pm Learn to Hula-Hoop dance with Molly Moon - Summer Concert: 4pm-6pm Chris & Chris, 6pm-9pm FunBox, MOVIE @ 9pm "Moana" KIDS BOX CAR DRIVE IN (Rain date for Drive In Aug 24)(No rain date for movie)
- August 10 Hornell YMCA Magazine Coasters and Bowls, 6:30-8:30
- August 11 - 10:30 AM Story Hour. 1:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Movie The Wiggles Rock & Roll Preschool(G) 74 Minutes.
- Aug 13 - 2nd Annual Back To School Bonanza hosted by SHINEJoin us at the 2nd Annual Back to School Bonanza! This year we are giving away free backpacks, school supplies, food, and haircuts! Event starts at 3pm and will continue while supplies last! Once you have your supplies, enjoy music, games, and community fellowship! Event will take place at the pavilion in front of the main playground, rain or shine! CHILDREN MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE SUPPLIES
- Aug 14 - MSDC Beach Party Summer Dance 2017 Session 2- August 14-18th Classes for ages 3 and up! Beach Baby, Pineapple Princess, Summer Sizzlers, and Luau Ladies! Find your favorite dance style! Crafts, prop dancing, Beach Party dance games!! All in a decorated beach atmosphere! All info/ registration can be found at Hornelldance.com
- August 14 - 10:30 AM Story Hour. 1:00 - 2:30 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Wii Party & Minecraft.
- August 15 - 2:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Rochester Museum and Science Center (Solids, Liquids, and Gas).
- Aug 15—Carefirst - Join a local fiber artist to stitch up a beautiful keepsake memory pillow from your loved one's old long-sleeve shirt that you and your family can cherish for generations to come. $25 per pillow, includes all required sewing materials and instruction. To register, call 962.3100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Hug it, smell it, love it. You will be so happy you participated, trust us! Located at Carefirst, 3805 Meads Creek, Painted Post
- August 16 - 2:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading ProgramFace Painting.
- August 16 - St James Mercy Hospital Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Class will be held the third Wednesday of every month. The next class will be Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 8:00AM in the Hospital's Memorial Conference Room (ground floor off the cafeteria). CPR is an essential life-saving technique which is the only known method of keeping someone alive until medically necessary treatment can be administered to the victim. Knowledge of CPR does not only save lives, but also allows victim to recover without sustaining any permanent damage. The class is approximately 3 hours in duration and the cost is $55 which includes the certification card. For more information or to register contact Teri Symonds at email@example.com.
- Aug 17 - Thursday in the Park LOCATED AT: 1 Steuben Sq, Hornell this year only 12pm-4pm Farmers' Market - Summer Concert: 4pm-6pm Ellen Oakes-Kerr, 6pm-9pm Ampersand Project
- August 17 - 2:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Alfred Martial Arts.
- August 18 - 10:30 AM Story Hour. 1PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Movie Finding Dory(PG) 93 Minutes.
- Aug 18 - 20 - Grand ReOpening! at Verizon Authorized Retailer - Wireless Zone (Hornell, NY) 10am-5pm each day Experience the new Smart Store at Wireless Zone of Hornell ...and take advantage of these event-only deals JOIN US FOR • Free refreshments • Learn tips & tricks • Giveaways • Raffles • Accessory discounts
- Aug 18/19 - The Sons of Ireland Division of the AOH have scheduled their 11th annual Hornell Irish Fest on Friday and Saturday August 18 & 19. Gates open at 5:30 both nights for Irish music, fun and fare. Stay tuned for more information.
- August 19 - CIDER CREEEK - Live music by “Aaron Lipp” 7 -10:30pm
- Aug 19 - The Brute – “Brian Tinker with Adam Stack - Live show” 99 Main St 7:30 – 10:30
- August 21 - 10:30 AM Story Hour. 1 - 2:30 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Wii Party & Minecraft.
- Aug 22 - HPG Summer movie at Spotlight at 11am: Lilo and Stitch
- August 22 - 2:00 PM Hornell Public Library Summer Reading Program Party!
- Aug 24 - Thursday in the Park LOCATED AT: 1 Steuben Sq, Hornell this year only 12pm-4pm Farmers' Market, 5pm-6pm Learn to Hula-Hoop dance with Molly Moon - Summer Concert: 4pm-6pm Frank Vaughn , 6pm-9pm Alternative Avenue, MOVIE @ 9pm "Lilo & Stitch" (No rain date for movie)
- August 24 Hornell YMCA Paint & Sip (glassware), 6:30-8:30
- Aug 25 - Toothless Flamingo at The Brute: A Finger Lakes Focused Wine Bar 7:30pm-10:30pm
- Aug 26 - CRAFT SHOW SALE @ Hornell Community Arts Center COME ONE, COME ALL! Stop into the Arts Center Saturday August 26 to shop your heart out and enjoy some acoustic must by John Wetherbee. We will open our doors at 9 am and close at 4 pm. Music begins at 1 pm and ends at 4 pm. We are still working on finding vendors. Please let us know if you are interested! Message our page or contact us at (607) 288 - 3240 for more information! Reserve vendor space by August 11. Payment for space must be received by August 19 (one week prior to event).
- Sept 2 - Cider Creek Hard Cider presents the 2017 Comedy Gala. 8pm-11pm An amazing night of Stand Up Comedy at New Yorks own Cider Creek Hard Cider Tasting Room. Whether you're a local looking for a fun night out, or looking for the perfcet way to cap off a day exploring the southern tier, an evening at Cider Creek filled with comedy is perfect for you. So pull up a chair, we'll pour you a cider, then let our comedians pull your leg. Featuring the five hottest acts in western New York: Steve Wrigley (From New Zealand) Bryan Ball (Hornells own) Madelein Smith Malcolm Whitfield Vinnie Paulino To purchase tickets, visit the event brite website. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cider-creek-comedy-gala-tickets-36752282065?aff=es2 Pre-sale tickets are $12 and door tickets are $15. You may also purchase tickets by calling 607-968-4192.
- Sept 8 - Friends FORE Mercy Golf Tournament hosted by St. James Mercy Hospital at Twin Hickory Golf Club Registration starts at 8 a.m. Play begins with shotgun start at 9 a.m. Registration for a team of 4 is $320. Includes greens fees, continental breakfast, lunch and beverages on the course, dinner, and prizes for team of four - as well as two carts. Contact Linda firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 607-324-8146 to register.
- Sept 9 - Household Hazardous Waste event hosted by Steuben County Solid Waste and Recycling 8am-Noon at Steuben County Public Works Hornell Transfer Station 6360 E AVENUE Ext, Hornell, New York 14843 Last opportunity of the year to get rid of the unwanted household chemicals.
- Sept 9 - Choosing Hope at the Hornell VFW hosted by Steuben County Suicide Prevention Coalition The Steuben County Suicide Prevention Coalition present Choosing Hope , a community event vendor fair in which proceeds donated to the Coalition will be utilized for prevention and awareness efforts in our community. Awareness information as well as local and national resource information will also be provided during the event. Please joing us to support such an important cause while getting some early holiday shopping done. 10am-4pm For more information or to secure space as a vendor, please contact Jessica Frawley at 607-324-2483 or contact us via messenger.
- Sept 10 - Hornell Rotary presents: FAMILY FUN DAY! Sunday, September 10th, 1pm-4pm, James St Park, Hornell, Pavillion 4, FREE FOR THE FAMILY AND LOTS TO DO! DETAILED INFORMATION TO BE ANNOUNCED **Completely FREE and open to the public
- Sept 11 - We Remember
- Sept 17 - Watch “The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe ” at Spotlight of Hornell at 12:30pm. COST: Cash Donation. All proceeds are donated to St Ann’s Academy as this private group is ran by St Ann’s Parent Committee. Movies are open to ALL ages! This is a family friendly set of movies that we encourage the entire community to attend!
- Sept 17 - Register today for Congressional Candidate Meet and Greet Event hosted by Citizens for a Better Southern Tier at The Main Place , 2pm-5pm - Registration for the "Meet and Greet" event for 23rd Congressional District candidates is now open. Registration will be $10/person and will cover facility rental and light refreshments. Send a check or cash to Vinnie Nykiel Box 121, Wayne, NY 14837. Please include your email address! Citizens for a Better Southern Tier will be hosting this "Meet and Greet' event on Sunday, September 17th from 2-5pm in Hornell, NY. We will be inviting all the candidates from BOTH PARTIES who have filed with the Federal Election Commission by September 10, 2017. Citizens for a Better Southern Tier is a non-partisan grassroots organization that provides a voice for constituents of the 23rd Congressional District to ensure all concerns are heard and addressed by their elected officials. So plan to attend on September 17th and have lots of questions ready!
- Sept 23 - The 2nd annual "Butt out Cancer for a Good-Win 5K" event to honor Diane Goodwin and raise awareness of Colorectal Cancer. 10am-12pm. Proceeds will benefit the patients of the “Ann and Carl Myers Cancer Center” located in Dansville NY.. This year, we are going to have a modified scavenger hunt. Each person will receive a cinch sak as they register and there will be various items to pick up along the race/walk path at different water tables. We will also have a basket raffle that everyone can participate in as well as a 50/50 raffle. We will have coozies available for sale. JC's Cafe will be on site for food options after the event. Our goal this year is to honor Diane by showing her how much support Team Goodwin can get! Please come out and support us at this event. If you are interested it a virtual aspect of this run/walk, please register and then contact them and they will mail you your packet prior to the race. Register at the link below: https://buttoutcancer5k.itsyourrace.com/register/
- Sept 24 - Partyin' for Parkinson's 2017 at Canaseraga American Legion , starts at Noon. Sunday, September 24, 2017 at the Canaseraga American Legion, Canaseraga, NY- a benefit to raise awareness of and money for Parkinson's Disease. All of the proceeds will go to benefit the National Parkinson Foundation of Greater Rochester, Moving Day fundraiser. Features include live music by the Meat Cutters Union and ZOAR, pulled chicken dinner, Chinese auction, 50/50 raffle, door prizes and horseshoe tournament. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Get yours at The York Agency on Church St. in Hornell, Kathy's Corner Cafe in Canaseraga or Hollie's House of Hair in Dansville!
- Oct 1 - Dan Ripley Live/ Fall Fling for Hornell Area Humane Society at Pollywogg Holler - 1pm-6pm Join us as we join together with Club 57 to raise funds for the Hornell Area Humane Society. Basket Raffles, door prizes & more. A portion of the proceeds will also go to help support programs at the HAHS. https://www.hornellanimalshelter.org/ We will also be collecting supplies for the HAHS. If you bring a donation (see their list) you will receive a coupon good for $1off a brick oven pizza.
- Oct 15 - ZOMBIE RUN presented by Hornell Area Arts Council at Veterans Memorial Park at James St
- Oct 21 - THE Hornell Area Humane Society BLACK CAT EVENT IS HAHS's OPPORTUNITY TO RECOGNIZE PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES IN THE COMMUNITY WHOSE EFFORTS HAVE BEEN INSTRUMENTAL IN HELPING OUR SHELTER ANIMALS.THIS IS A FUN-FILLED EVENT WITH RAFFLES, MUSIC, FOOD AND GOOD COMPANY! This year's event will be held at the Main Place from 6pm-11pm - TICKETS ARE $25 Tickets are in limited supply and will sell out fast!
- Oct 26 - Halloween Parade hosted by the Hornell American Legion marches off at 7 pm. Gathering starts at 6:30 pm in the front of the Steuben Trust parking lot on Seneca St. The HHS marching band will lead the kids up Seneca St. at 7 pm. to the Hornell High school A gym. Snacks and awards will be given out at the end.
- Oct 31 - Hornell City Wide Trick or Treat 6pm-8pm
- Nov 1-4 - Hornell Area Humane Society Annual Basket Auction and Holiday Vendor Fair - Oct 30 - Nov 4, 2017 - It is time for our Annual Basket Auction with over 100 themed baskets and Holiday Vendor Fair to start some early Christmas shopping.
- 2017 Veterans Day Field of Honor - St. Ann’s Academy, located in Hornell, is proud to host the fifth annual Field of Honor flag event paying tribute to our veterans and service men and women with a moving display of American flags. This amazing patriotic display will consist of hundreds of American flags flying atop 8-foot poles on a field of green located at One Steuben Square
- Nov 23 - 23RD ANNUAL HORNELL AREA FAMILY YMCA 5K TURKEY TROT RUN AND WALK START TIME: 9:00am Fun Run, 9:30am Runners & Walkers ENTRY FEE: Register online at RunSignUp.com $20.00 before 11/26/2015, $25.00 Day of Race, Fun Run $5.00 (age 10 and under) Checks payable to: Hornell YMCA T-Shirts to all registered by November 7th The next 300 registered after 11/8 receive a long sleeved race shirt. (Except Fun runners) Race packets can be picked up Wednesday 11/25 at the Hornell YMCA from 6-8pm
- Dec 1 - Last day to enter WhoNELLville /Holiday Aglow Decorating Contest. More information TBA
- Dec 1 - WhoNELLville KICK OFF - Holiday Aglow ARTS AND CRAFTS show will be on Main St this year! Vendors will line the streets Friday Dec 2 from 3pm-8pm, Free HORSE AND WAGON RIDES: Friday Dec 2nd 4pm-8p, Hornell’s Holiday Aglow PARADE will be Friday December 2nd at 6pm. Line up is 5:30 at Steuben Trust parking lot. We encourage businesses, non-profits, and community members to participate in the parade. The TREE LIGHTING, of the Christmas tree and Santa Land opening happens following the parade.
- Dec 1 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Fri. Dec 2 6pm-8pm
- Hornell Area Humane Society Christmas Party for the Animals - December 2, 2017 - We would like to cordially invite you to our Annual Christmas Party for the Animals! Please join us on December 3 for an open house and refreshments! Not every pet has a home at Christmas time and we want to make sure they have a great Christmas while they await there forever home! Please see our new wish list that reflects the kennel enrichement program we now have in place for our animals.
- Dec 2 - WhoNELLville KICK OFF PT 2 - Free HORSE AND WAGON RIDES: Saturday Dec 3rd 11am-2pm, SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Sat. Dec 3 11am-3pm
- Dec 2 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Sat. Dec 3 11am-2pm
- Dec 2 - 2nd Annual WhoNELLville 5K - This event is a 5K Run/Walk to be held in Hornell, NY on Saturday, Dec 3rd at 7pm. Designed to be fun holiday event, participants are encouraged to dress up in your favorite Whoville character, wear jingle bells on your sneakers, and Santa hats on your head. Enjoy the lights and WhoNELLville displays of downtown merchants and residents as you tour downtown Hornell.
- Dec 13 - SANTA LAND HOURS ((Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Wed Dec 13 6pm-8pm
- Dec 16 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Sat Dec 16 11am-3pm
- Dec 19 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Tues Dec 19 6pm-8pm
*Please note dates are tentative and subject to change. If you have any questions regarding posted events or if you would like to submit events for consideration please contact the HPG office 607-324-9786