Events in the City of Hornell and the Canisteo ValleyFor a VENDOR APPLICATION for 2017, CLICK HERE
*Please note dates are tentative and subject to change. If you have any questions regarding posted events or if you would like to submit events for consideration please contact the HPG office 607-324-9786. Also, see us on Facebook!
- Jan 6 - Anton returns to The Brute for what is sure to be another spectacular performance!! 7pm-10pm
- Jan 6 - Frank's "Timeline" - First solo show!!! 8pm-11pm at the Southside
- Jan 7 - Tail Waggin' Tutors at Cohocton Public Library - Is your child reluctant to read? Whether its difficulty or shyness we have a book group for you. Come read to trained therapy dogs at the library! The dogs are calm, reassuring, and are an attentive audience. This takes the pressure off the child and makes reading fun. All ages are invited. Tail Waggin’ Tutors is a program through Therapy Dogs International. 12pm-3pm - We will have a repeat on Saturday January 21st!
- Jan 7 - The Brute feels like street tacos and Micheladas! When we say street tacos, we mean authentic, like the ones you can only find in the shady little carts and trucks on the streets of Mexico. We will also have Micheladas, a beer cocktail made with tomato and pepper sauces and a bunch of robust spices. Stop by for a great taco and get silly on some great wine and beer! 12pm-9pm — Tough Old Bird is a folk duo from Filmore, NY that performs original music they reflects the landscape of their home in Western New York. Check them out this Saturday at the Brute 8pm-11pm
- Jan 7 - Donlon Brothers at Railhead Brewing Company. We're going to be playing this Saturday at Railhead from 8 to 10.
- Jan 7 - Faze-3 is back to rock the Hornell Moose Club 9pm-1am
- Jan 8 - Pancake breakfast at Avoca United Methodist Church - All-you-can-eat buffet: pancakes, sausage, homefries, scrambled eggs, juice, applesauce, coffee...8am-10am
- Jan 8 - January Str8 Eight Night at the Terra Cotta 2pm-4pm - Str8 Eight is a fun, family card game for 2 to 4 players. January 8th lands on a Sunday and with the colleges on break the tournament will have a stronger family feel and begin at a special 2pm start time allowing any locals who’d like to play to get home before sunset. So, invite your friends and come out to the Terra Cotta Coffeehouse for an afternoon of free fun on Sunday the 8th at 2pm and take your shot at winning the gift card and bragging rights for the month.
- Jan 9 - Medically Oriented Gym at Maple City Physical Therapy - JANUARY 9, 2017 Join Health and Transformation Coach Elizabeth Viszt BA MS, author of "Sugar Facts" for a free workshop from 6:00 pm to 7:00pm at Maple City Physical Therapy. Get a jump start on your New Year's Resolution by sampling some healthy alternatives that are kind to your budget! Discover the connection between fat-free foods and sugar ~ protein and sugar ~ water and sugar. Learn 7 solutions to kick your sugar habit ... for good! Register by calling 607-324-9344!
- Jan 10 - Hornell Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner at the Main Place - Guest Speaker this year will be Michael Printup-President of Watkins Glen International~ Hors D'oeuvres & Cash Bar 6:00 pm Buffet Dinner & Dessert following $50.00 pp
- Jan 12 - Paint and Sip at the Hornell YMCA - January 12! Bring your friends, bring a beverage, and enjoy this paint-along evening with Elizabeth Van Houter from 7:00-9:00 p.m. For $25, we provide all the paint and supplies for you to create this winter scene on an 8x10 canvas. Light snacks included. Limited to 16 participants - sign up today! To register, please stop by the Front Desk or visit their website.
- Jan 13 - Faze-3 returns to The Brute: A Finger Lakes Focused Wine Bar in Downtown Hornell, NY. 8pm-11pm. We had a blast last time, so if you never been here, you need to come check it out!
- Jan 15 - Santa's Vision Winter Wonderland at Best Western Hornell - Free for all children in Hornell and surrounding communities! Sunday Jan 15 9am-2pm located at Best Western, 1 Canisteo Square, Hornell, NY 14843 - Free Pony Rides, Exotic Animals by the Wildlife Defenders – including a monkey Entertainment & Games Many Costume Characters including these guys! Please bring a non-perishable, food item as a donation to be given to the local food pantry of Hornell.
- Jan 15 - Hornell Kids Movie Club presents “Ratatouille” at the Spotlight Movie theater at 12:30pm. Cost is cash donation. You can also purchase memberships at Spotlight as well
- Jan 21 - The Hornell YMCA will offer a Self Defense class for women. This program is designed by a woman for all woman. The instructor will be Judi Stiegler (9th degree black belt) and be held Saturday January 21, 2017 from 9:00am-12:00pm. The class is open to any woman age 13 and up.To register, please stop by the Front Desk or visit their website.
- Feb 8 - 3rd Annual Lip Sync Battle! February 8th - 7pm-9pm Location: Hornell High School auditorium Cost: Free. Donations will be accepted to be donated to the Hornell Area Humane Society - Anyone can enter! Come one come all! Those interested in performing please contact HPG by calling or texting 324-9786 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feb 10 - Country Rain will be playing Friday, Feb 10th--7:00 pm - 10:00 at the Southside Tavern Country & Oldies..all music! Stop down for some cheer & music! 312 Canisteo St Hornell
- Feb 10-The Brute-"Tiger Thief Live"-8:00-11:00 pm
- Feb 11 - "Anton Flint" at Cider Creek Hard Cider 7p-10:30p 7p-10:30p
- Feb 11 - Beat the Blues: A Winter Bash to Benefit St. James Dance to live music from all your favorite decades, performed by The Orient Express Open Bar 6-7 pm, dinner is also included as well as opportunities to win auction items. $75 per person Tables available, When: Saturday, February 11, 6-11pm, Where: The Main Place, 251 Main Street, Hornell, Contact: (607) 324-8146 or email email@example.com
- Feb 13 - St James Mercy Hospital Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) support group meetings will be held the second Monday of every month. This month’s meeting will be Monday, February 13, 2017 at 2:00PM in the Hospital’s Cardiac Rehab department on the 2nd floor. The Congestive Heart Failure support group is aimed at cardiac patients and their spouses, families and friends to provide education and support for both the physical and emotional aspects of heart disease. The group will be staffed by facilitators from the Cardiac Rehab Program who are specially trained in cardiac care. Patients have been shown to benefit through participation in a support group. For more information contact Jen Wetherby, RN BSN at 607-324-8118.
- Feb 14 - Valentine Wine Party at he Brute: A Finger Lakes Focused Wine Bar 6pm-10pm WILD BRUTE WINERY IS RELEASING A NEW WINE: 2015 CABERNET FRANC. This will be taking place at The Brute on Valentine's Day! Accompanying the new wine release we will also have: 1. A chocolate and wine pairing 2. A predetermined, but amazing, line up of wines and beers 3. LIVE MUSIC BY ADAM STACK It's going to be a great night of love and wine!
- Feb 15 - The St James Mercy Hospital Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Class will be held the third Wednesday of every month. The next class will be Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 8:00AM in the Hospital's Memorial Conference Room (ground floor off the cafeteria). CPR is an essential life-saving technique which is the only known method of keeping someone alive until medically necessary treatment can be administered to the victim. Knowledge of CPR does not only save lives, but also allows victim to recover without sustaining any permanent damage. The class is approximately 3 hours in duration and the cost is $55 which includes the certification card. For more information or to register contact Teri Symonds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb 18- Hornell American Legion—“Soup Cookoff”—1pm—72 Seneca St.
- Feb 18 - "Adam Stack and Brian Tinker" at Cider Creek Hard Cider 7p-10:30p
- Feb 18 - Benefit for Mary Bush at the Hornell VFW, 12pm-8pm - Mary has been battling cancer for over 7 years now, There will be live entertainment... Bands... Meat Cutters Union will be hosting...Cross Roads...Murphy"s law...Stoneclad... DJ Millhouse... and a Ziti dinner. Donations.. Ages 12-Adult $10, 6-12 $5, 6 and under free... There will also be a chinese auction and a 50/50 drawing... Tickets will be available at the door or for advanced tickets contact Mike Bush at 607-661-4262 or Jon Bush at 585-808-7787... Thank you for your support... Hope to see you there!
- Feb 18 - KIDS Night out at the YMCA from 6pm-8pm. $5 per preregistered child and $7 per child at the door, for ages 8-12 - Bring your swimsuit, towel and sneakers for the gym. Concession stand available with pizza and snacks to purchase. Next one to be held March 18.
- Feb 18 - Come join The Bard Brothers for their first appearance at one of the best new places in Hornell -- The Brute! Great atmosphere, even better people, fabulous wines and beers, and tasty grub! We'll provide the homegrown music -- all we need is for you to join us! 7pm-10pm
- Feb 19 - KIDS CLUB MOVIE - Watch “The Incredibles” at Spotlight of Hornell at 12:30pm. Cost is cash donation or membership card. On the 3rd Sunday of each month, the Hornell Kids Movie Club plays a movie chosen by its members at 12:30pm. Cost of membership is $30 per person for 10 movies and averages out to $3 per movie. There are also $15 memberships for 5 movies. Memberships can be purchased at Spotlight theater. The day of the movie, we will allow non-members to attend for a cash donation. All proceeds are donated to St Ann’s Academy as this private group is ran by St Ann’s Parent Committee. Any questions, please contact Shelly Stevens via Facebook or text 6073249786 Keep up to date info through the Facebook group, Hornell Kids Movie Club: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KidsMovieClub/ Upcoming Movies: Feb 19 - Incredibles March 19 - Babe April 23 - TBA (moved date due to Easter) May 21 - TBA Sept 17 - TBA Oct 22 - TBA Nov 19 - TBA Dec 10 - TBA
- Feb 22 - Come out to the Hornell Knights of Columbus for our 'Artist Social!' 7pm-9pm. Bring a piece of art, a musical instrument, poetry--anything that expresses your creative side! Meet other artists and network! Cash bar, hors d'oeuvres provided by the council. Located at 55 Center St, Hornell, New York 14843
- Feb 22 - Hornell Public Library next film: Dr. Zhivago Wednesday at Spotlight of Hornell at 7:30 PM. Upcoming Films: March 8 - The Revenant March 22 - Duck Soup April 12 - All is Lost April 26 - African Queen May 10 - Love Story May 24 - Bonnie and Clyde June 14 - Florence Foster Jenkins June 28 - Joy MEMBERSHIP: Season tickets are $30 Fall films (Sept. - Jan.) $20 Spring films (Feb. - June) $20 Send subscription with name address, phone, and e-mail to Jeanette Reed, Treasurer, 30 Erie Ave, Hornell, NY, 14843 or take them to the Hornell Public Library or Spotlight of Hornell. Friends of the Hornell Public Library are partnering with H-Town TheARTofTheFILM Club, which is supported by Spotlight Theater. Year-long memberships, only $30 per over-18 individual, feature 10-12 films in the independent, classic, & other "unusual" genres, including recently released films that would appear in, perhaps, the Little Theatre of Rochester, for example. Members participate in selecting some of the films. Discussion regarding the film will often be featured. Wednesday nights at 7:30 pm, as scheduled. See main postings about the final scheduled films and their dates.
- Feb 25 - Hornell Little League will be partnering with the Hornell YMCA to host a winter camp for all minors and majors. We will be working on fielding, pitching, throwing, catching and batting. We have a brand new indoor pitching mound just for this camp! This will be 5 Saturdays in a row. Where: Hornell YMCA When: 2/25/17, 3/4/17, 3/18/17, 3/25/17 and 4/1/17 Time: Minors @ 9am for 1.5 hours and Majors @ 10:30 for 1.5 hours. The cost will be $15 for YMCA members and $30 dollars for non-members for all 5 days. Please contact the Hornell YMCA for registration for this great winter camp. HORNELL AREA FAMILY YMCA 18 Center St., Hornell, NY 14843 (P) 607 324 5520
- Feb 25 - "Jeff Acker Trio" 7p-10:30p at Cider Creek Hard Cider. Now serving Artisan Pizzas..Pizza specials...Thurs.-buy 2 get 1 free..Fri - Buy 1 get 1 half off.
- Feb 25 - Acid Raindance is coming back to Codders Sports Bar on 2/25 for the first gig of 2017 from 9pm-1am
- Feb 26 - Monthly Blues Brunch at The Brute - Blues guitar by Nate Jacobs will set the mood for our 2nd Monthly Blues Brunch! Feb 26 10am-2pm. Southern style grub and our signature mimosas will help you relax while listening to one of the most talented guitarists around. We encourage you to RSVP either by messaging us on Facebook or calling us at 607-324-2433.
- Feb 26 - Brewery Tour with the Brewer - Cider Creek's Head Brewer, Kevin, will be leading a Keuka and Seneca Lake Brewery Tour on February 26. You'll start the day by meeting at Cider Creek's Tasting Room for a specialty tasting (cost included) and receive a souvenir tasting glass. Then you'll hop on the Cider Creek Party Bus and Kevin will guide you through the breweries of Keuka and Seneca Lake. There will be beverages on the bus from featured breweries and behind the scenes access to a select brewery during the day. Tickets are $40 pp. (Does not include cost of tastings at breweries)
- March 1 - March 1 - The Class of 2018 is hosting the 3rd Annual Community Cook Off on March 1, 2017 at the Hornell Senior High starting at 6pm. The $15 ticket includes: soup, pizza, barbecue, dessert, and a bottle of water. Come for the food and then stay for the Senior Auction hosted by the Class of 2017 that will follow at 7pm.
- March 5 —Jenkins Farm Market & Deli-- Jenkins’ Second Annual Winter Festival Once again, there will be local wine, beer and cider tastings. Come taste some of the area’s best wine made right in Arkport at Wild Brute Winery. Also taste delicious beer brewed in Hornell at Railhead Brewery. New this year, try some hard cider courtesy of Original Stump Blower in Conesus. Back again this year—the Chili Cook-off! Try some delicious chili from the area’s finest chefs and those who dare to compete with them! Feeling brave? See how long you can last on our mechanical Bull! Enjoy all of this while listening to fantastic live music, from the Peace & Blues Duo for the second year in a row! Tickets will be sold at the door only this year. Come enjoy the music at no cost! Wrist bands will be sold separately for each event: Chili Cook-Off, Mechanical Bull, Wine/Beer/Cider Tastings
- March 11 - Hornell's St Patrick Celebration Join the biggest St. Patrick's Celebration in New York! Join the thousands who flock to Hornell for a day full of Irish fun. 9am - FACEPAINTING - Robyn Baty Photography will be painting faces for St Patrick's Day in front of Lion's Will Music Shop. Setting up at 9am. ALL proceeds will benefit Hornell Area Humane Society. Adults and children. Spread the word and let's raise some serious mulah for our fur friends. 11am - PARADE: Mayor Hogan has confirmed that the St Patrick's parade will be Saturday March 11 at 11am. For those that are new to our tradition, anyone who wants to be in the parade lines up at the Hornell Intermediate School around 10/10:30am - The parade proceeds down Main St from Convenient Corner Mart to The Main Place ENTERTAINMENT :
- Railhead Brewing Company will host Donlon Brothers playing from 1pm to 4pm and then will host the YMCA Fiddlers at 4pm. Open at noon and they will be serving Reuben Pizzas
- The Main Place - will host the YMCA Fiddlers immediately following the parade and then the Badgemen 2pm-6pm
- Codders Sports Bar will have free jukebox all day and DJ TRUTH later in the evening
- Hornell American Legion Post 440 will be hosting The Wild Rovers with authentic Irish music after the parade from 1 – 5 pm
- Hornell VFW has DJ Truth rocking from 2pm - 6pm
- Paddy's Pub will be open at 11am. We will serve from our regular food menu. Paddy's will host the YMCA Fiddlers at 2pm and also have Loud Mouth Ale playing from 9pm-1am
- Hornell ELKS will host the YMCA Fiddlers at 3pm
- RBI Sportspub will be opening at 11am with live music from Stoneclad from 4pm-8pm.
- The Max will host Daze End performing from 5pm-9pm
- Hornell Association will host Off The Wagon for the St. Pats festivities 8pm-Midnight
- Seneca Road Pub has Lucky Number performing 8:30pm-12:30pm
- AMVETS Post 245 will host Bad Habit performing 9pm to 1am on March 11th. Open to the public, no cover charge. Classic Rock at it's best.
- Club 57 will host live music with Blindside 9:30-1:30
- THE BRUTE will have both the inside bar open, and will turn their parking lot into a stage for the day! Wine and Beer specials all day!!!!! 10:00am to Noon: On your way to and from the Parade stop by the Brute for Mimosas and Shamrock Punch! Full wine and beer menu will be available LIVE MUSIC starts at 1pm! Here's the lineup: 1pm: Nova 2pm: St. Vith 4:30pm: Walrus Junction 7pm: Deco & The Dusters HEADLINER 9:30pm: THE BROWN THRASHERS We will also have vendors on site all day! The current vendors are as follows: The Fitzpatrick's from Jenkins Farm Market will be providing great St. Patrick's day inspired food! Santiago's Cigar Factory will be rolling cigars throughout the afternoon! Epic Party Booth will be there to capture all of your favorite St. Patrick's Day moments! ***We look forward to celebrating St. Patrick's Day with you! Due to the high volume of people we expect to see throughout the day, we ask that you come prepared with a VALID ID (Drivers Licenses or Passports--NO other form of ID will be accepted, no exceptions) as we will be carding at ALL of the entrances. We understand that during the parade and into the afternoon you may have children with you, however once we start the main music, there will be nobody under 21 years old allowed (no exceptions)!
- St. Paddy's Day at Cider Creek ft. Matt Burns -The Cider Creek Shuttle Bus will be picking up in Hornell starting at 11:30am! They will be picking up at the bus stop in the YMCA parking lot. This service is FREE! (Schedule will be posted shortly) -They are offering $2 cans of our Farmhouse & Saison Hard Cider during our "Happy Get Lucky" hours. Happy Get Lucky Hours are from 12-2p and 4-6p. -All other ciders and our artisan pizzas will also be available -Matt Burns will be playing from 7:00pm - 10:30pm.
- March 11 - 17 - March 11-17 - Irish Cultural Week The Hornell divisions of the AOH and LAOH, with the cooperation of the City of Hornell and the Hornell Community Arts Center present: Come see the history and breadth of the Irish in the Hornell area…family trees, businesses, organizations, notable residents, etc. An AOH/LAOH member will be reading an excerpt from any one of Ireland’s literary giants on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday. The YMCA fiddlers will be performing on Thursday. Located at Hornell Community Arts Center (formerly Ponderosa) Saturday and Sunday, March 11 & 12 2017 1pm to 3pm Monday thru St. Patrick’s Day, March 13-17 6pm to 8pm
- March 17 - Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians(LAOH) is sponsoring a night of fun St. Patrick's Day Friday March 17th from 6-10pm at the Main Place. DJ David Ells will lead the singing (song booklets available). Admission $5. Hot Baked Potato Bar available from 6-8pm with your choice of toppings. Raffles and Giveaways!!!
- March 17 - Southside Tavern's St Pat's Celebration for the Irish on St Pat's! - Fun, beer,shenanigans, music by "DJ Brian" 10pm-1am
- March 17 - Swing down to The Brute on the actual St. Patrick's Day for Dan Ripley! He will be providing some great entertainment as we finish off our week of celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Hornell! 8pm-11pm
- March 19 - KIDS CLUB MOVIE invites you to watch “Babe” at Spotlight of Hornell at 12:30pm. Cost is cash donation or membership card.
- May 6 - Wildflower Arts & Crafts Festival 10am-4pm happening at 1 Steuben Sq, Hornell. 4th Annual Wildflower Arts & Crafts Festival - Saturday May 6, 10am-4pm Arts, Crafts, Vendors, and businesses alike will be onsite for a spring event! Location is the Steuben Trust Green lot (acre of grass in front of Steuben Trust). Free Admission Live Music: 11am-1pm - Copper Hounds 1pm-4pm JC & Outlaws We will be partnering with Chatholic Charaties of Steuben County this year as the location to sign up for their annual S.T.E.P Walk! Still accepting vendor applications, if interested please see application here: http://www.hornellhpg.com/2017VendorApplication.pdf
- May 29 - Memorial Day parade hosted by the Hornell American Legion will start at 9:30am, from the east end of main st, ending at the broadway mall for the service.
- June 10 - Hornell Area Humane Society Cause 4 Paws - Join us for our Annual Cause 4 Paws Event, a Celebration of Pets! The event starts at 10 am with the Blessing of the Animals, please bring your pet for this unique opportunity to have them blessed. From there we will have a pet parade, (costumes are encouraged and rewarded!) and then start the activities. We will be having contests and games for your pooch, other area rescues and shelters will be joing us, activities for children, educational opportunities, vendors, doggy kissing booth, photo booth, great food and so much more!
- June 14 - Flag Day, June 14, at 7 pm, the Hornell Legion, AMVETS, VFW, & Elks will hold the annual Flag Burning/disposal ceremony on the Broadway Mall. You can bring your unservicable flags to the ceremony.
- June 24 - HPG Chalk A Mile Event AND Community Day Farmers' Market - 10am - 3pm @ Broadway Mall Park Farmers' Market, Live Music: TBA
- July 4 - 4th of July Celebration, Tuesday: HPG and the City of Hornell will be hosting the parade July 4, Noon on Main St. for July 4th. Festivities at Veterans Memorial Park, At James Street. For vendor application CLICK HERE
Vendors all day.
Pool open 11a-5p.
Car Show 1pm-4pm. For car show application CLICK HERE
Music: TBA, 6pm-10pm VENDETTA
Bounce Houses, Rockwall, Knockerball TBA, tickets will be for sale for rides
Hornell Dodgers Game from 1pm-3pm
City Fireworks sponsored by City Hall & Maple City Dodge will start at Dusk (around 10pm).
(Parade applicants, please use Vendor application) For a VENDOR APPLICATION for 2017, CLICK HERE
- July 14/15 - Hornell City Wide Yard Sales
- July 22 - Community Day Farmers' Market - 10am - 3pm @ Broadway Mall Park Farmers' Market, MUSIC: TBA
- July 29/30 - Hornell YMCA's Gus Macker Tournament - Main St and Broad way closed for tournament set up
- Aug 5 - 4th Annual MONARCH FESTIVAL w/Community Day Farmers' Market - 10am - 3pm Special events to educate and celebrate butterflies @ Broadway Mall Park w/ Farmers Market. MUSIC: TBA
- Aug 18/19 - The Sons of Ireland Division of the AOH have scheduled their 11th annual Hornell Irish Fest on Friday and Saturday August 18 & 19. Gates open at 5:30 both nights for Irish music, fun and fare. Stay tuned for more information.
- Sept 10 - Hornell Rotary presents: FAMILY FUN DAY! Sunday, September 10th, 1pm-4pm, James St Park, Hornell, Pavillion 4, FREE FOR THE FAMILY AND LOTS TO DO! DETAILED INFORMATION TO BE ANNOUNCED **Completely FREE and open to the public
- Sept 11 - We Remember
- Oct 13 - THE Hornell Area Humane Society BLACK CAT EVENT IS HAHS's OPPORTUNITY TO RECOGNIZE PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES IN THE COMMUNITY WHOSE EFFORTS HAVE BEEN INSTRUMENTAL IN HELPING OUR SHELTER ANIMALS.THIS IS A FUN-FILLED EVENT WITH RAFFLES, MUSIC, FOOD AND GOOD COMPANY! This year's event will be held at the Main Place from 6pm-11pm - TICKETS ARE $25 Tickets are in limited supply and will sell out fast!
- Oct 26 - Halloween Parade hosted by the Hornell American Legion marches off at 7 pm. Gathering starts at 6:30 pm in the front of the Steuben Trust parking lot on Seneca St. The HHS marching band will lead the kids up Seneca St. at 7 pm. to the Hornell High school A gym. Snacks and awards will be given out at the end.
- Oct 31 - Hornell City Wide Trick or Treat 6pm-8pm
- Hornell Area Humane Society Annual Basket Auction and Holiday Vendor Fair - Oct 30 - Nov 4, 2017 - It is time for our Annual Basket Auction with over 100 themed baskets and Holiday Vendor Fair to start some early Christmas shopping.
- 2017 Veterans Day Field of Honor - St. Ann’s Academy, located in Hornell, is proud to host the fifth annual Field of Honor flag event paying tribute to our veterans and service men and women with a moving display of American flags. This amazing patriotic display will consist of hundreds of American flags flying atop 8-foot poles on a field of green located at One Steuben Square
- Nov 23 - 23RD ANNUAL HORNELL AREA FAMILY YMCA 5K TURKEY TROT RUN AND WALK START TIME: 9:00am Fun Run, 9:30am Runners & Walkers ENTRY FEE: Register online at RunSignUp.com $20.00 before 11/26/2015, $25.00 Day of Race, Fun Run $5.00 (age 10 and under) Checks payable to: Hornell YMCA T-Shirts to all registered by November 7th The next 300 registered after 11/8 receive a long sleeved race shirt. (Except Fun runners) Race packets can be picked up Wednesday 11/25 at the Hornell YMCA from 6-8pm
- Dec 1 - Last day to enter Whoville/Holiday Aglow Decorating Contest. More information TBA
- Dec 1 - WHOVILLE KICK OFF - Holiday Aglow ARTS AND CRAFTS show will be on Main St this year! Vendors will line the streets Friday Dec 2 from 3pm-8pm, Free HORSE AND WAGON RIDES: Friday Dec 2nd 4pm-8p, Hornell’s Holiday Aglow PARADE will be Friday December 2nd at 6pm. Line up is 5:30 at the Center St parking lot in front of the YMCA. We encourage businesses, non-profits, and community members to participate in the parade. The TREE LIGHTING, of the Christmas tree and Santa Land opening happens following the parade. **New this year, following the Christmas parade (6pm on Friday Dec 2) we will light the Christmas tree and then start a new tradition with DJ TRUTH by gathering around the tree in a circle, holding hands, and sing Welcome Christmas (from the original Grinch Who Stole Christmas).
- Dec 1 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Fri. Dec 2 6pm-8pm
- Hornell Area Humane Society Christmas Party for the Animals - December 2, 2017 - We would like to cordially invite you to our Annual Christmas Party for the Animals! Please join us on December 3 for an open house and refreshments! Not every pet has a home at Christmas time and we want to make sure they have a great Christmas while they await there forever home! Please see our new wish list that reflects the kennel enrichement program we now have in place for our animals.
- Dec 2 - WHOVILLE KICK OFF PT 2 - Holiday Aglow ARTS AND CRAFTS show will be on Main St this year! Vendors will line the streets Saturday Dec 3 from 10am-3pm, Free HORSE AND WAGON RIDES: Saturday Dec 3rd 11am-2pm, SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Sat. Dec 3 11am-3pm
- Dec 2 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Sat. Dec 3 11am-2pm
- Dec 2 - 2nd Annual Whoville 5K - This event is a 5K Run/Walk to be held in Hornell, NY on Saturday, Dec 3rd at 7pm. This year's Business District holiday theme is Whoville… think Dr. Seuss and the Grinch. Designed to be fun holiday event, participants are encouraged to dress up in your favorite Whoville character, wear jingle bells on your sneakers, and Santa hats on your head. Enjoy the lights and Whoville displays of downtown merchants and residents as you tour downtown Hornell.
- Dec 13 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Wed Dec 13 6pm-8pm
- Dec 16 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Sat Dec 16 11am-3pm
- Dec 19 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Tues Dec 19 6pm-8pm
*Please note dates are tentative and subject to change. If you have any questions regarding posted events or if you would like to submit events for consideration please contact the HPG office 607-324-9786