Events in the City of Hornell and the Canisteo ValleyFor a VENDOR APPLICATION for 2017, CLICK HERE
*Please note dates are tentative and subject to change. If you have any questions regarding posted events or if you would like to submit events for consideration please contact the HPG office 607-324-9786. Also, see us on Facebook!
- Dec 1 - Last day to enter WhoNELLville /Holiday Aglow Decorating Contest. - WhoNELLville Window Display Contest THEME: Your interpretation of any Dr S. story to go with our WhoNELLville theme WHO: Business & Residents Join our annual Santa Land theme of WhoNELLville this year in a business and community wide effort to come together for the holiday season. WhoNELLville Decorating Contest - PRIZES Business “Best in Show” Advertising prizes: $200 towards the Evening Tribune and 40 free commercials from Fun 92.1 Business “Most Creative” Advertising prizes: $150 towards the Evening Tribune and 20 free commercials from Fun 92.1 Business “People’s Choice” Advertising prizes: $100 towards the Evening Tribune and 10 free commercials from Fun 92.1 Community Residence "Best in Show" "We are working on them! TBA" REQUIREMENTS: Must be a Hornell Area Business or resident and notify HPG that you are participating. Text 607-324-9786 or email email@example.com to let us know that you will be participating prior to the December 1st deadline It is not a requirement to replicate a scene from the Grinch movie, but it is a requirement to incorprate at least one element from ANY Dr S. book. Any questions, please feel free to contact us via email, cell, or facebook. *The community is encouraged to participate with their homes too! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your address so that we can come visit your display as well. Deadlines: Dec. 1 - Window decorations must be up Dec. 4 - Judging will begin, people's choice survey will be released. People's choice survey will be closed Dec. 8 Dec. 9 - Winners announced in the Evening Tribune CONTEST INFORMATION: Criteria Judged: > Originality: Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations > Arrangement: Display and placement of decorations > Theme : Story line or scene or incorporate decorations related to > Overall Presentation SUGGESTIONS: Google, Pintrest, read the books, or ask a friend to help! JUDGES: Ballots with criteria given to 5 judges from Tribune and 5 HPG judges and a survey will be posted to the public to vote for the people's choice Let's have fun with this! I look forward to seeing the City of Hornell and the Hornell AREA alive with the MAGIC of WhoNELLville, as will be our theme for years to come!
- Dec 1 - WhoNELLville KICK OFF - Holiday Aglow ARTS AND CRAFTS show will be on Main St this year! Vendors will line the streets Friday Dec 1 from 4pm-8pm, Free HORSE AND WAGON RIDES: Friday Dec 1st 4pm-8p, Hornell’s WhoNELLville PARADE will be Friday December 1st at 6pm. Line up is 5:30 at Steuben Trust parking lot. We encourage businesses, non-profits, and community members to participate in the parade. The TREE LIGHTING, of the Christmas tree and Santa Land opening happens following the parade.
- Dec 1 - Hornell’s WhoNELLville PARADE will be Friday December 1st at 6pm. - PLEASE JOIN US! No Need to sign up! Just show up for line up! Let’s bring CHEER to ALL Who’s NEAR AND FAR! Line up is 5:30 at the parking lot at Steuben Trust. We encourage businesses, non-profits, and community members to participate in the parade. No sign ups required, just show up! ****PARADE ROUTE HAS CHANGED: We will start at Steuben Trust, go down Seneca St, to Main St (pause with Santa to light the tree), and continue on to Broadway Mall ending at the Hornell Community Arts Center******** Please spread far and wide! We'd love you ALL to join us! Lights and decorations encouraged but not required. Parade is an evening parade and candy is allowed.
- Dec 1 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Fri. Dec 2 6pm-8pm
- Dec 2 - 2017 Breakfast with Santa at A. E. Crandall Hook & Ladder - 8:30am-11:30am - Bring the whole family for our annual Breakfast with Santa! Enjoy our buffet of pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, sticky buns, baked French toast, and lots of coffee! Plus, there's a brown bag ticket auction for local gift certificates, local merchandise, and baskets. All ages are welcome! Teens and adults: $4 - Children ages 7-13: $2 - Children 6 and under: free. 6 S Main St, Alfred, New York 14802
- Dec 2 - Hornell Area Humane Society Christmas Party for the Animals - We would like to cordially invite you to our Annual Christmas Party for the Animals! Please join us on December 3 for an open house and refreshments! Not every pet has a home at Christmas time and we want to make sure they have a great Christmas while they await there forever home! Please see our new wish list that reflects the kennel enrichement program we now have in place for our animals.
- Dec 2 - WhoNELLville KICK OFF PT 2 - Free HORSE AND WAGON RIDES: Saturday Dec 2nd 11am-2pm, SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Sat. Dec 2 11am-2pm
- Dec 2 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Sat. Dec 2 11am-2pm
- Dec 2 - 2nd Annual WhoNELLville 5K - This event is a 5K Run/Walk to be held in Hornell, NY on Saturday, Dec 2nd at 7pm. Designed to be fun holiday event, participants are encouraged to dress up in your favorite Whoville character, wear jingle bells on your sneakers, and Santa hats on your head. Enjoy the lights and WhoNELLville displays of downtown merchants and residents as you tour downtown Hornell. The link to register for the inaugural Whoville 5K online is now ready! https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Hornell/whonellville5k Paper forms for the race are now available at the St. James Mercy Hospital Gift Shop. You can also pay your registration money there too This is an evening race, glow sticks encouraged. Dress up encouraged and rewarded!
- Dec 7 - Kickin' Country 105.3 WKPQ's Santa's Day Off - This year's "SANTA'S DAY OFF" Salvation Army Toy Drive will be on Thursday, December 7th from 6am to 6pm. We hope to be joined by some awesome special guests and look forward to seeing you! Make plans to stop by the Kickin' Country studios and keep listening for an extra special announcement!
- Dec 7 - Santa's Night Out Hosted by Kickin' Country 105.3 WKPQ at The Brute 7pm-9pm - After a day of collecting toys for local kids, Kickin' Country is heading over to the Brute, for some fun! This night will include music from the legendary Terry McBride of McBride and the Ride and Brooks and Dunn, along with talented guests Acoustic Confusion, Re Mattei, and more!! There will be no cover charge, however, we will be accepting donations for the Salvation Army. 21 years and older
- Dec 9 - Lunch With Santa, the Grinch And Whos at Paddy's Pub - It is that time of year again, Lunch with Santa! Come join Santa and friends for great food, games, coloring contest and free pictures. Free hot chocolate with every kids or adult meal purchased. 12pm-2pm
- Dec 10 - Grinch Who Stole Christmas at Spotlight of Hornell to benefit St Ann's Academy - starting at 12:30pm - Watch “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” X2 at Spotlight of Hornell at 12:30pm. COST: Cash Donation. All proceeds are donated to St Ann’s Academy as this private group is ran by St Ann’s Parent Committee. Movies are open to ALL ages! This is a family friendly set of movies that we encourage the entire community to attend! Any questions, please contact Shelly Stevens via Facebook or text 6073249786 To vote on our upcoming choices, find us at: Hornell Kids Movie Club on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KidsMovieClub/
- Dec 12 - SANTA LAND HOURS ((Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Tues Dec 12 6pm-8pm
- Dec 13 - Maurices Holiday Shopping Party at Hornell Maurices. 6pm-8pm - OH WHAT FUN! Join us for our Holiday Shopping Party! We will have many giveaways as well as beauty consultant and styling tips galore to help put together the perfect look for all of your upcoming holiday events. We will be offering pointers regarding all things individual style, makeup and SO much more! This a great night for friends and family to come and enjoy a memorable festive shopping experience with us!
- Dec 14 - A Christmas Journey at Hornell Bible Church - You won’t want to miss this simple drama presenting 4 perspectives of the coming of the Messiah! Your journey will take you through 4 stages and will last approximately 30 minutes. It will be traveled in small groups so come early and enjoy some hot chocolate and treats as you wait to depart on your journey! 6pm-8pm, 1 Main St, Hornell
- Dec 15 - YMCA Annual Christmas Concert - Join us Friday, December 15 at 7:00 p.m. for our annual Christmas concert. Featuring Y members, music students, and instructors. Donations bene t the Music & Arts Program. Spend an evening enjoying all your holiday favorites!
- Dec 17: Annual Christmas Pageant during worship at 9am at Bishopville United Methodist Church
- Dec 16 - 2nd Annual “Day out with Santa & Friends” at Best Western , 1 Canisteo Square, Hornell - Sat. Dec 16 9am-2pm - Free for all children in Hornell and surrounding communities- Bring your cameraFor a free picture with Santa! Free gift for each child! Free pony rides! Meet your favorite costume characters! Please bring a non-perishable food item as a donation to be given to a local food pantry in Hornell! Brought to you by Visions Hotels: Best Western Hornell and many other hotels throughout New York State managed by Visions Hotels
- Dec 16 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Sat Dec 16 11am-2pm
- Dec 16 - Tell your story. The future is on the move. Saturday December 16th 12:30-3:30. Hornell Erie Depot Museum, 111 Loder Street, Hornell. The artist collective Ghost and Robot (Brett Hunter and Andrew Oesch) will unveil a new interactive display and installation at the Hornell Erie Depot Museum. Explore the story telling machine, play the Erie Line’s Hornell Futures Game, and be a part of the past, present, and future stories of Hornell. Activities for all ages. The story telling machine is a nine-foot-tall combination of staircase and watchman’s shack that houses several interactive activities. Explore images of the past and future of Hornell hidden in the watchman’s staircase shack. Choose selected objects from the museum collection and scan them at the ticket window to hear local stories and generate new stories by collecting multiple historical artifacts. Stories are simultaneously displayed, translated and broadcast as Morse code, and added to a continually changing printout of new stories. The Erie Line’s Hornell Futures Game is a new board game in which participates work together to collect resource and build the future of Hornell. Travel around Hornell; build different pathways; see the effects of events from past, present, and future; collect resources to change the possible future; and connect events to reach the future stations. This project is based on a partnership with the Hornell Erie Depot Museum, which is always free and open to the public. The artists will be present on Saturday December 16th from 12:30- 3:30 to activate the project, demonstrate all of the interactive possibility, and answer questions. The installation will remain on display at the Museum through month of December. This project made possible, in part, with public funds from NYSCA’s Decentralization Program, administered regionally by The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes
- Dec 16 - COME JOIN THE North Hornell Volunteer Fire Department FOR THEIR ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE WHEN: DECEMBER 16, 2017 6:00 PM KIDS MEET SANTA AT THE FIRE STATION 7:00 PM PARADE THROUGH THE VILLAGE Lineup will be at the old K Mart Parking Lot by 6:45 PM IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING PLEASE LET CHIEF MIKE ROBBINS KNOW AT 607-324-1033 OR 607-382-4535 OR EMAIL AT CHIEF5127@VERIZON.NET
- Dec 16 - An Evening of Christmas Music with Emma Tyme at Railhead Brewing Company -Emma Tyme returns to Railhead for her first Annual Christmas Show. Raise up your pints and join in on some of your favorite carols. Sit back and enjoy old-tyme holiday standards performed by a brass band. Hear Emma play and sing some of her favorite holiday and winter-themed songs. 8pm-11pm
- Dec 16 - Hornell YMCA KIDS’ NIGHT OUT - December 16, January 20, February 10 March 23 $5 per child preregistered $7 per child at the door $20 per child season pass 8-12 years old (3rd-6th grade) Register at the front desk or online. Doors open at 6 p.m., children must be picked up by 8 p.m. Games in the gym, swimming in the pool and a craft in the art studio. Bring your swim suite & towel and clean sneakers for the gym. Concession stand available with pizza and snacks to purchase. This program runs November through March. Payments are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Dec 16 - Joys of Winter Concert featuring the Hornell Area Wind Ensemble. Saturday December 16th at 7:30pm at the Hornell High School Auditorium. (Snow Date: Dec 17 at 3pm) Conductors Edward Belin and Chris Lynn, Guest Vocalist Marissa Siciliano
- Dec 19 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Tues Dec 19 6pm-8pm
- Dec 19 - INVITATION TO THE PUBLIC: You are cordially invited to come and join us for a delightful Christmas concert with the Hornell High School Show Choir. This holiday event will be held at the Pro Action Senior Dinner Club located at 20 Broadway Mall on December the 19th at 10:30am. Lunch to follow at 11:30am. For further information or to make reservations please call by December the 15th at 324-8609.
- Dec 21: Blue Christmas worship service at 7pm at Bishopville United Methodist Church. This is a special worship service for people who are feeling disconnected from the holiday season; a time to come together and acknowledge the feelings of loss and loneliness.
- Dec 22 - Polar Express at Spotlight of Hornell - starting at 7pm - Please join us for our 4th annual free showing of the Polar Express Friday Dec. 22nd.. We will have 3 showings. First showing @ 7:00 in auditorium 3, second @ 7:30 in auditorium 2 and third @ 8:00 in auditorium 1. Free admission to all, suggested admission of canned food and non perishables for the food pantry, and Santa and Mrs. Claus are coming from 6:30-7:30 to take pictures!! "This bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas, as am I. Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart"... Santa Claus Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2020157184881018/
- Dec 23 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Hornell Community Arts Center on Broadway Mall, Hornell) is open Tues Dec 23 11am-2pm
- Dec 24 - Christmas Eve Candle Light Service at Alfred-Almond Bible Church - Come and celebrate the birth of Jesus with us through the reading of the Christmas story, songs, and a time of reflection! 6pm-7pm
- Dec 24 - Christmas Eve Service at United Presbyterian Church, Hornell, NY - Join us for our annual Christmas Eve service at 7:30pm in our beautifully decorated sanctuary. This is always a great service for children and families! If you can’t join us in person, we will be live streaming the service on Facebook. We are also having our regular Sunday service at 10:30am on Christmas Eve.
- Jan 31 - 4th Annual Lip Sync Battle! Fun for all! Free admission, and free entry for teams! Come with some pocket cash to help raise money for a local charity. You will not regret this hysterically funny night of battling like on the Jimmy Fallon show! January 31st - 7pm-9pm Location: Hornell High School auditorium Cost: Free. Donations will be accepted to be donated to the Maple City Police Club Team limit: 12 Teams must select 3 songs, each cut down to 1 min or less to battle against another team. Crowd determine the winners. Anyone can enter! Come one come all! **Family friendly! Last year we raised over $1,600 for the Hornell Area Humane Society and the years before, the Hornell YMCA and St James Mercy Hospital. This year, the charity is the Maple City Police Club. Those interested in performing please contact HPG by calling or texting 324-9786 or emailing email@example.com
- March 17 - Hornell St. Patrick Celebration 3/17/18 - Join the biggest St. Patrick's Celebration in New York - Hornell NY! Join the thousands who flock to Hornell for a day full of Irish fun. ____******_____******* ALSO...... Hornell YMCA Annual Shamrock Run/Walk! ____******_____******* 11am - PARADE: Mayor Hogan has confirmed that the St Patrick's parade will be Saturday March 17 at 11am. For those that are new to our tradition, anyone who wants to be in the parade lines up at the Hornell Intermediate School around 10/10:30am - The parade proceeds down Main St from Convenient Corner Mart to The Main Place ____******_____******* The St Patrick's HAT Bus schedule is in the process of being scheduled again for this year (March 17th) to be running from 2pm to 2am to the location TBA ____******_____******* ENTERTAINMENT TBA
*Please note dates are tentative and subject to change. If you have any questions regarding posted events or if you would like to submit events for consideration please contact the HPG office 607-324-9786